Get the best out of WhatsApp messaging
Ensure approvals per WhatsApp guidelines
While sending one-way messages & responses to customers on WhatsApp, leverage Gupshup messaging templates to ensure easy approvals per WhatsApp’s guidelines
What types of messaging templates are allowed on WhatsApp?
What types of messaging formats are allowed on WhatsApp?
Message formats for common reusable notifications a business may want to send
businesses can redirect the user to a URL
tap and submit their response
Send images, documents or PDFs using the media message templates
Best Practices for WhatsApp messaging templates to secure approvals
- Message Template Name: Make your message template name clear. Instead of using a name like 'template_014,' use 'bus_ticket_details'
- Providing more clarity gives reviewers context around how the message template will be used. Add a sample when submitting a template, wherever possible
- When a business wants to have the same template content in various languages, create the template under one template name and include all different languages in a single submission
- If you need a message template to reopen the 24-hour window, start with a mention of the previous conversation thread
- Delete templates you don’t plan to use. There’s a limit of 250 templates per WABA
- Parameter values can’t have newline characters. To display multiple options like a list, and if the number of options varies by customer (e.g., travel quotes, items in an order), create as many templates as there are options, Or create one template with a Quick Reply button “Show More”
- Create templates 1:1 in nature for a personalised experience
- Avoid acronyms